Throughout the years, the Young Leadership Council (YLC), has established a group of young professionals who are passionate in finding a cure and better treatments for dystonia and Parkinson's disease. By planning and hosting a variety of events, they were able to network amongst their peers, raise funds and increase awareness for this important cause.
Past Events Include:
Rebecca Taylor has designed the summer must-have "Short Sleeve Top with Lace" in honor of The Bachmann-Strauss Foundation with ALL proceeds from the sale of the top going to dystonia and Parkinson's research.
Fashion Block Party on Bleecker Street, NYC
The Bachmann-Strauss Young Leadership Council helped to organize a block party on chic Bleecker Street (between Bank and Barrow Streets) in Greenwich Village. Ten percent of sales from participating stores were donated to the Foundation raising nearly $15,000!
Participating stores included:
- Alexis Bittar - 353 Bleecker
- Black Fleece by Brooks Brothers – 351 Bleecker
- Cynthia Rowley - 376 Bleecker
- Diptyque - 377 Bleecker
- GANT Rugger - 353 Bleecker
- LuLu Guinness - 394 Bleecker
- MM6 Maison Martin Margiela - 363 Bleecker
- Mulberry - 387 Bleecker
- Robert Graham - 380 Bleecker
- Sucre - 357 Bleecker
- Van Leeuwen Ice Cream Truck - Bleecker bet. Perry & Charles Sts.
- WiNK - 305 Bleecker
- Stop into NARS Cosmetics, 413 Bleecker, for a free makeup application
- "Cocktails and Conversations": a series of small cocktail parties hosted at different venues featuring experts from the worlds of finance, medicine, science, journalism, start-ups, fashion and beauty.
- Matthew Williamson Fashion Fundraising Event: UK's leading fashion designer Matthew Williamson, hosted an event at his New York emporium on March 22, 2012. 20% of the proceeds from the evening's sales were given to the Foundaion to fund medical research. Over $15,000 of sales were generated in just a few hours.
- Rebecca Taylor NY & LA Fundraising Events: Renowned fashion designer Rebecca Taylor teamed up with the YLC to host three tremendous fashion fundraising events at their New York and Los Angeles stores. The Bachmann-Strauss Foundation received 20% of the proceeds for all sales produced during the event and event a few days after the event. Due to these successful events, Rebecca Taylor has donated nearly $20,000 to the Foundation to support medical research.